Rise is thrilled to announce the “Rise Up Festival – Celebrating Revitalization”! If you are an artist that is interested in having a booth in our juried Artist’s Village click here.
In September of 2013 we launched our new name and brand with the “Pop Up Street Party”. Now that we have been using the name Rise for almost year we created a new name for our yearly event. The festival is part of our continuing efforts to raise awareness about the importance of the revitalization of the St. Louis metropolitan area. Our work provides invaluable connections that have a positive and lasting impact on people, the neighborhoods they live in, the economy and the region. The event will take place in Crown Square (home of Crown Candy Kitchen) on Thursday, August 21, 2014 from 6 PM to 10 PM.
This will be the largest festival celebrating city revitalization in the Midwest. Bring your family and friends!
Some of the great things happening:
• St. Louis’ premiere dance band The Dirty Muggs and Retro Boogie on the Grooves (main) stage
• a second stage hosted by STLBlues.net, the St. Louis Blues Society and the National Blues Museum with: JD Hughes, Pamela Devine and Bottom Up Blues Gang
• a juried Artist’s Village featuring fine artists and arts organizations from the St. Louis area
• a very special ”live” mural experience painted in Crown Square
• kids carnival area with games and face painting featuring Circus Kaput and STL Hoop Club
• roving street entertainers
• four of the famous St. Louis gourmet food trucks: Cha Cha Chow, Completely Sauced, Steak Louie and the Rise Coffee Company truck from the Grove
• Beer from Urban Chestnut Brewing Company, wine by the glass or bottle
• local business showcase