With the support of Mayor Francis Slay, Alderman Shane Cohn and the City of St. Louis Community Development Administration (CDA), Rise and DSCC (Dutchtown South Community Corporation) hosted the grand opening and ribbon cutting celebration of the redeveloped Fox Manor Apartments in the historic Dutchtown neighborhood on June 14, 2013. Located between Delor and Itaska Avenues on South Spring Avenue, the Fox Manor Apartments were rehabilitated with exterior facelifts, new floor plans, structural enhancements, modern amenities and architectural improvements designed to increase market value. The redevelopment of the Fox Manor Apartments has strengthened the community through the redesign of 25 unoccupied multi-family buildings, which are now reconfigured into 51 apartments and a management office. The highly anticipated renovations have not only restored the community, but have also increased stability and security in Dutchtown and the surrounding St. Mary’s High School neighborhood. The 40 rehabilitated units and 11 new units now available for rent were built with design excellence in mind, yet are very sustainable and affordable. Rise’s emphasis on sustainability has landed the project a certification under Enterprise Communities’ “Green Communities Initiative.” Because of work at Fox Manor Apartments in Dutchtown, on June 20th, Rise received the DeSales Better Neighborhoods Award – an award given by DeSales Community Housing Corporation that recognizes people and projects that have made Saint Louis a better place to live. This award further calls attention to the progress Rise has made in redeveloping St. Louis neighborhoods.
Rise builds market rate and affordable housing, enhancing the quality of life in the communities we serve. This work helps make St. Louis a great place to live, work, and play. We believe social, cultural, lifestyle, and economic diversity makes area neighborhoods stronger.
Rise acts as a resource and partner to the community. We bring together nonprofit organizations, financial institutions, and government to make successful neighborhood revitalization possible.
- Forest Park Southeast Re-Syndication Keeps the Neighborhood AffordableApril 2, 2021 - 8:10 am
- TERRELL CARTER CHOSEN AS NEW EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF RISE COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENTFebruary 17, 2021 - 8:42 am
- Winstanley Community Plan – Adopted and Ready for ImplementationFebruary 11, 2021 - 10:39 am
- Rise and DSCC Partner to Build Affordable Homes in Marine VillaJanuary 19, 2021 - 1:30 pm
- DOORWAYS 2.0 Groundbreaking – Windy and WonderfulNovember 20, 2020 - 2:00 pm
- At Rise, we believe that all St. Louis area neighborhoods should be safe, vibrant, and friendly. Rise acts as a res… https://t.co/yDvROuPSUOyesterday
- We hope you are having a great #GiveSTLDay! If you love neighborhoods and resident empowerment support Rise now!… https://t.co/Td2B9zPaaTyesterday
- This may be a global day of giving but we are asking you to support local on #GiveSTLDay. Support Rise now!… https://t.co/gQi2AQaO30yesterday