Rise Training – Community Development and Food Access: Innovative Strategies and Impactful Solutions
Community Development and Food Access: Innovative Strategies and Impactful Solutions
Join Rise as we engage community development corporations (CDCs) and other stakeholders around the relevant topics of food access within the context of place-based community development. We recognize that there are CDCs and other community organizations located in food deserts and/or have residents within their service area with limited access to affordable nutritious food. Individuals and organizations will be equipped with innovative strategies for social and economic development that yield impactful solutions.
- What is a food desert? How does it impact our local communities and development corporations?
- How can community development corporations grow local food systems to better our neighborhoods, increase access to healthy affordable food, facilitate job creation, and ultimately promote economic growth and sustainability?
- How can we expand our local economy through the food sourcing of local agriculture and entrepreneurship?
- What best practices and successful business models should be considered?
- How can we work with local farmers to support our urban food system and increase access to healthy food?