Larry Perlmutter, Rise Communications and Development Manager
4th Annual Rise Up Festival – Celebrating Revitalization in St. Louis!
ST. LOUIS, Washington Avenue Historic District – June 20, 2016- Rise is proud to announce our fourth annual Rise Up Festival taking place on August 20th, 2016 in the city of St. Louis on Washington Avenue, from 15th Street to 17th Street. The festivities will start up at 2 PM and continue on into the evening until 11 PM, remaining free for all to attend!
Rise’s mission is to partner with communities to build stronger, more equitable St. Louis neighborhoods. The Rise Up Festival is a one-day street event that brings together art, music, local business, and other key elements that play a part in community building in order to celebrate revitalization in St. Louis.
A wide variety of musical performances will take place at the festival, including The Original Wailers (Reggae), Platinum Rock Legends (Rock), Roland Johnson and Soul Endeavor (Blues), and Dr. Zhivegas (Dance Music). With the broad range of genres, there will be something for everyone at the festival!
Emerging artists will attend, displaying their work and participating in a competition managed by Cultural Festivals (founders and managers of the St. Louis Art Fair). Local artisan food and craft vendor booths will be present at the festival as well.
Local restaurateurs will be providing a generous sampling of food and Urban Chestnut Brewing Company will provide the microbrew. Other attractions at the festival include a Kids Carnival and Circus Area including face painting, games, and juggling. Fun for all ages is offered at the Rise Up Festival!
We are excited to announce the National Blues Museum (NBM) as our Blues partner for 2016. NBM will sponsor Roland Johnson and Soul Endeavor and will have a strong presence at the festival promoting the rich heritage of Blues.
“We’re so excited to have the opportunity to partner with an organization that is just as passionate about music, art and culture in St. Louis as we are,” said Dion Brown, Executive Director of the National Blues Museum. “The National Blues Museum just opened in April and to be able to help promote the blues at the Rise Up Festival is just an example of the programming we hope to accomplish.”
About Rise (www.risestl.org) Rise is a nonprofit organization that partners with communities to build stronger, more equitable St. Louis area neighborhoods. Rise develops both affordable and market-rate housing, particularly in neighborhoods with the potential to enhance economic diversity. Rise has developed or assisted in $700 million in neighborhood redevelopment in the St. Louis area. Rise flourishes at the intersections of public, private and non-profit sectors, enhancing the quality of life in St. Louis.
For more information about the Rise Up Festival, please visit: riseupfestival.org
Rise builds market rate and affordable housing, enhancing the quality of life in the communities we serve. This work helps make St. Louis a great place to live, work, and play. We believe social, cultural, lifestyle, and economic diversity makes area neighborhoods stronger.
Rise acts as a resource and partner to the community. We bring together nonprofit organizations, financial institutions, and government to make successful neighborhood revitalization possible.
- Rise’s Transforming the Landscape is Coming!October 12, 2021 - 12:00 pm
- Rise Partners with UMSL for Community Data SupportOctober 12, 2021 - 9:45 am
- Communities Forward Podcast Part 2 of 2-Opal JonesOctober 6, 2021 - 11:18 am
- Communities Forward Podcast Part 1 of 2-Opal JonesSeptember 29, 2021 - 2:04 pm
- Communities Forward Podcast Part 2 of 2- Michael D. Frances & Michael “Bare Hands” BeranSeptember 22, 2021 - 9:57 am
- Join Rise at the Rise 2021 Transforming the Landscape Gala!!! Check out a new category we are honoring dedicated to… https://t.co/YpX5cYMsOEyesterday
- RT @lenderfitnow: Join us as we talk to @justinepetersen, @WEDIBuffalo and @risestl who have all fostered a culture of taking action in the…2 days ago
- Don't forget about Rise 2021 Transforming the Landscape Gala that's happening November 13th!!! You'll be able to wi… https://t.co/9DmzEElejU3 days ago