On October 28, 2016, Rise conducted a group training workshop designed to inform Community Development Corporations (CDCs) and other community leaders the benefits of engaging youth in the community to improve the overall quality of those communities transforming them into active stakeholders of their community. To view the training announcement click here. To view the PowerPoint presentation for the workshop click here.
Civic Technology and Community Development Workshop
This workshop is an activity that is part of a grant from the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation which includes local partners Rise, OpenDataSTL and St. Louis County, and national partners Living Cities, Code for America and the National Neighborhood Indicators Partnership. In addition to analyzing data and building tech tools to improve the court system, this initiative will advance two national goals: (1) to demonstrate what is possible when data and technology are intentionally applied to address problems affecting low-income people; and (2) to strengthen collaboration at the local level between civic technologists, neighborhood data practitioners, and government officials.
Date: Friday, September 25th, 2015
Time: 9:00 a.m. – Noon
O’Fallon Park Recreation Complex
4343 West Florissant Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63115
Rise and CBN are excited to present a training and workshop on the role of Civic Technology and Community Development. Eleanor Tutt, Data Management Coordinator at Rise, will facilitate an engaging session directed to community development professionals regarding how tech can improve the interaction between residents and the public sector as well as improve the quality of life for neighborhoods. Be prepared to discuss what challenges and opportunities you are facing in your service areas and how tech might improve or assist your work.
To register through Eventbrite here.
RSVP: Please RSVP at least three business days prior to class by contacting
Jenny Ryan, Community Development Specialist with Community Builders Network at [email protected] or by phone at (314) 402-5595
For more information please contact Eleanor Tutt, Data Management Coordinator at [email protected]
Rise builds market rate and affordable housing, enhancing the quality of life in the communities we serve. This work helps make St. Louis a great place to live, work, and play. We believe social, cultural, lifestyle, and economic diversity makes area neighborhoods stronger.
Rise acts as a resource and partner to the community. We bring together nonprofit organizations, financial institutions, and government to make successful neighborhood revitalization possible.
- Rise’s Transforming the Landscape is Coming!October 12, 2021 - 12:00 pm
- Rise Partners with UMSL for Community Data SupportOctober 12, 2021 - 9:45 am
- Communities Forward Podcast Part 2 of 2-Opal JonesOctober 6, 2021 - 11:18 am
- Communities Forward Podcast Part 1 of 2-Opal JonesSeptember 29, 2021 - 2:04 pm
- Communities Forward Podcast Part 2 of 2- Michael D. Frances & Michael “Bare Hands” BeranSeptember 22, 2021 - 9:57 am
- Rise is excited to see you at the Rise 2021 Transforming the Landscape Gala that's happening November 13th!!! C… https://t.co/GhiXTvSyN97 hours ago
- Check this out and keep spreading the word by @adamsteamstl https://t.co/574tRjuiNJ ❤️️yesterday
- Our friends at SLACO are holding a F R E E workshop for new family home owners or those interested in passing down… https://t.co/wN64jN7W1Wyesterday