There are a variety of opportunities for people to get involved with Rise’s efforts in the St. Louis region.
POSITION TYPE: Full time, exempt, St. Louis, MO
REPORTS TO: Director of Real Estate Development
Rise Community Development (Rise) is seeking a focused, self-organized individual with a desire to help
increase the supply of quality affordable and market-rate housing to support the revitalization of
neighborhoods throughout our region. The Project Manager plays a key role in supporting development
by and with the community-based organizations seeking to ensure development is done in an engaged
and equitable manner.
WHO WE ARE
Rise partners with communities to build stronger, more equitable neighborhoods. With a focus on
sustainable success, we strive to create stronger communities and more desirable places to live. Rise
acts as a resource and partner to the community. We bring together nonprofits, financial institutions,
and government to make successful neighborhood revitalization possible.
Our real estate development group works to build strong and healthy neighborhoods by providing
technical assistance to community-based development organizations, providing resources for both notfor-profit developers and for-profit developers. Rise acts as a real estate developer and real estate
development consultant in neighborhoods in the city of St. Louis, St. Louis County, Madison County and
St. Clair County with an emphasis on neighborhoods where we can advance economic diversity.
The Project Manager will take a leadership role in the planning and implementation of residential
development projects as part of neighborhood revitalization strategies, including:
• Supporting community-based partners, local elected officials, for-profit partners, other
developers, and Rise management to identify development opportunities
• Determining the feasibility of undertaking various residential development options, including
developing preliminary financing pro forma
• Support the solicitation, selection, and negotiation of third-party contract services to be a part
of the residential development team, such as architects, engineers, accountants, attorneys,
general contractors, realtors, and other members of the development team
• Coordination, assembly and submission of financing applications for residential development
• Presenting proposed residential development projects as necessary for internal and external
review and approval
• Support the negotiation of financing and investment terms for residential development projects
• Manage Project closings on behalf of owner/client, including coordinating the completion due
diligence checklists among multiple parties
• Construction monitoring and reporting to financial parties during construction stage
• Work with investors, lenders, and others to meet project deliverables, equity installments
requirements, project close out, compliance and similar.
• Ongoing project oversight alongside Asset Management
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Experience with state and federal low-income housing tax credit programs
• Successful experience in building relationships with diverse populations
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
• Experience in managing complex projects from start through completion
• Knowledge and experience in housing development planning and processes
• Familiarity with federal, state and local housing programs and regulations (including HOME and
CDBG) and conventional debt structure
• Working understanding of construction drawings, construction detail and principals of real
estate and acquisition
• Familiarity with governmental process as it relates to relate estate development
• In lieu of direct real estate development experience, candidates with strong project
management experience will also be considered
• Salary range of $65,000 – $90,000 based on experience.
• Competitive benefits package including vacation and sick time, full health insurance, paid leave
This position is based at our primary office located at 1627 Washington Ave., St. Louis MO 63103.
Parking in a secured lot is provided. Remote work may be necessary/permitted with prior approval.
Some travel will be required, though infrequent. Access to a vehicle for development site visits will be
required on a regular basis.
Send resume in digital format (.doc or .pdf) and response to the following prompt (no cover letters,
please) to: [email protected], with “Project Manager” in the subject line. Submissions accepted until
September 29th, 2023 or until position is filled.
Application Prompt – please limit response to no more than 300 words
To me, equitable development means:
Download the application at this link. <——————————————————–
Rise is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person because of race,
color, creed, religion, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or any other
characteristic protected by law.