Community Development in Distressed-Market Communities
Rise, in collaboration with Community Builders Network, is offering this group training seminar focused on working in distressed neighborhoods.
We will explore strategies, policies and tools to help make better decisions that will be useful with informing and equipping community development professionals and others addressing the challenges in distressed markets.
Come and let us continue working collectively to strengthen the region’s community development system so that we can build a stronger future for the St. Louis region.
Date: Thursday, May 7, 2015
Time: 9:00 a.m. – Noon
Location: Harris Stowe State University/AT&T Library, Telecommunity Room
RSVP: Contact Brian Hurd, Technical Assistance Program Manager, 333-7012 (tel) or [email protected]
Outcomes for Participants:
- Informing strategy with reliable, up-to-date information
- Developing a common language around community development
- Making collaboration a way of thinking
- Encouraging community-based planning for neighborhood change
- Using and leveraging resources strategically
- Understanding policy and putting into practice
For more on upcoming Rise trainings, check out full schedule here.